While vacuuming today I passed the time by thinking of these ridiculous ways to be frugal. If you have anything to add to the list, feel free to leave it here! (Jenny, maybe you can add them to your Prairie Muffin Tips book…) Hope you enjoy…
- Save any burnt food, add hot sauce, and remarket it as “Cajun.”
- When you make a bubble bath, save a quart of the bath water and use it to make another bubble bath next time.
- Running low on toothpaste? Run the bristles of your toothbrush around the bowl of the sink. Chances are there is plenty of toothpaste foam stuck there.
- After eating yogurt, pour a little milk or water into the yogurt cup, shake it around and pour into a jar you store in the fridge. When you have collected enough, shake well and enjoy a yogurt “smoothie”!
- When changing a diaper, look carefully at the last wipe you use. If it looks pretty clean, rinse and squeeze and use it next time.
- Save the cornstarch packing peanuts, and serve them to your children as an afternoon snack.
- Add a drop of food coloring and a squeeze of lemon to a pitcher of water and call it juice.
- If you have young children who drop most of their food on the floor, keep a vinyl mat under their chair. After dinner, sweep it carefully into a container and serve it to them again tomorrow (with ketchup if desired).
- If you have the good fortune to be nursing a baby, drink an extra gallon of water a day and pump after every feeding. Use the extra milk for cereal, pancakes, and anything you use storebought milk for. Added bonus: extra weight loss for mom!
- Don’t throw away those ripped panty hose! Instead, cut off the legs, take a bar of soap and drop it down to the foot. Tie it off and you’ve got an exfoliator and soap on a rope all in one!
Help me finish this one…
- When your old shoes have outlived their usefulness, you can use them to _____